Compiled By Zim Ninja Academy Secretary General – Chris Garatsa
Zim Ninja Academy Members participated in the Budo Bushi Online World Championships.
The team had 10 participants headed and coached by Wilfred Mashaya with the help of his Technical Director Shylock Nevanji.
They was one Kid, 3 ladies and 6 men.
They competed in a total of 14 categories and bagged 14 medals comprising of 9 Gold, 4 Silver and 1 Bronze.
The Host Nation was Poland. The Categories included Kata Traditional and Kata Weapons among other categories.
The due date for submission of competition videos was 28 March. The Tournament was judged by Professional judges around the world.
The Online tournament among others was as a result of Covid-19 pandemic which restricted travelling of participants to venue and compete as a group
Wilfred Mashaya decided to join the online competition which has helped to raise the country’s flag high
The tournament was Organised for all grades, all ages from 4 years going up and for both female and males.
14 countries Poland, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Norway, England, Nepal, India, USA, France, Spain, Zimbabwe and Czech) partiticpated in this online tournament
The 14 Medals shall be send to Zimbabwe from Poland.
Zim Ninja was also honored with the special award Certificate for the hard work and commitment he puts in Martial Arts and it’s development in the country and around the world.
The Zim Kobudo Team headed by Wilfred Mashaya (Zim Ninja) is now preparing for the OTW Championships in June.
This tournament is organised by the Mediterranean Karate Alliance in partnership with Malta Tourism Authority.
It will be open for all ages and belt levels and will include Karate, Kobudo, Wushu, Tajiquan, Taekwondo and inclusive Martial arts.
14 Medals Breakdown
1) ( 4 – 6 yrs, Kata traditional)
2) Tariroyashe Ndhlovu (17 – 19 yrs , Women Kata Traditional)
3) Kudakwashe Bango ( 17 – 19 yrs , Men Kata Weapons)
4) Fredson Mhondiwa ( 20 – 34 yrs , Men Kata Traditional)
5) Vincent Kurai Fambira ( 20 – 34 yrs , Men Kata Weapons)
6) Mitchell Rudanda Machingura ( 20 – 34 yrs , Women Kata Traditional)
7) Mitchell Rudanda Machingura ( 20 – 34 yrs , Women Kata Weapons )
8) Peter Murapa ( Adults +35 yrs , Men Kata Traditional )
9) Wilfred Manenji Mashaya ( Master +35 yrs , Men Kata Weapons)
1) Brian Shepeni ( 20 – 34 yrs , Men Kata Traditional)
2) Fredson Mhondiwa ( 20 – 34 yrs Men Kata Weapons)
3) Samukele Bhebhe ( 20 – 34 yrs Women Kata Traditional )
4) Samukele Bhebhe ( 20 – 34 yrs Women Kata Weapons)
1) Brian Shepeni ( 20 – 34 , Men Kata Weapons)