Statement By MINISTRY OF INDUSTRY AND COMMERCE
1. Following the promulgation of Statutory Instrument 89 of 2021 on the importation of second hand cars that are more than 10 years old, the Ministry of Industry and Commerce, in collaboration with ZIMRA is extending the administrative transitional arrangement up to 30 June 2021.
This has been done to allow the clearance and processing of outstanding vehicles purchased prior to the gazetting of SI 89 of 2021.
2. The following will still apply:
I. Motor vehicles must have been paid for on or before 30 June 2021
II. Proof of payment in line with the RBZ Exchange Rate Control Regulations, must be attached; and
III. Any Other supporting documents.
3. All clients are hereby directed to contact ZIMRA for clearance purposes.
4. Anyone facing challenges in the clearance processes may contact Commissioner General ZIMRA, Commissioner Customs and Excise or the Ministry of Industry and Commerce on the following E-mails:
Ministry of Industry and Commerce
● Head Office Licence Office email@example.com
● Bulawayo Province firstname.lastname@example.org
● Manicaland Province email@example.com
● Mashonaland Central firstname.lastname@example.org
● Mashonaland East email@example.com
● Mashonaland West firstname.lastname@example.org
● Masvingo Province email@example.com
● Matabeleland North firstname.lastname@example.org
● Matabeleland South email@example.com
● Midlands Province firstname.lastname@example.org
ZIMRA officials at
5. All stakeholders are being reminded that SI 89 of 2021 requires prior approval for the importation of second hand vehicles (above 10 years).
31 May 2021