By Staff Reporter
Nigeria- about 276 schoolgirls who reportedly abducted last week have been released
Governor Bello Matawalle confirmed that no ransom was paid to kidnappers to secure the release.
The girls were abducted in the raid by hundreds of gunmen on the Government Girls Secondary School in remote Jangebe village.
Matawalle said on Tuesday the students were safe with authorities and no ransom had been paid for their release.
“Today, we have received the children who were under captivity since Friday. I initiated a peace accord which yielded a positive result. No ransom was paid to anyone. I insisted that we were not going to give anything to any of them,” Matawalle told Al Jazeera.
Cases of abduction by bandits are on rise in Nigeria and also some are being reported to being shot by these bandits.
Reports are saying the Jahadists have attacked a United Nation (UN) camp in Nigeria.