President announces Level 4 lockdown for Zim:
1. Measures which take immediate effect for two weeks and will be reviewed thereafter.
2. Commerce and industry are you open from 0800hrs to 1500hrs in compliance with the general curfew
This follows a recent surge in Covid-19 cases and subsequent to the localised lockdown measures introduced in places such Karoi, Kwekwe, Kariba and Chinhoyi.
3. Industry to decongest workplaces to 40%, all companies are directed to observe the WHO Covid-19 guidelines.
All commercial vehicles to remain running.
Inter-city movement is prohibited except distribution of medications
4. Those deported back to Zimbabwe will be subject to quarantine.
Travellers with fake Covid-19 certificates will attract custodial sentence.
Travellers with fake covid 19 documents to be arrested with custodial sentence. Ministers and parliamentarians will disseminate information on vaccination in their constituencies. The President calls upon nation to continue observing who protocols and take up the free vaccination programme to protect all. Deportees to be quarantined for ten days at a place of their choice. People operating at market places, tobacco auction floors cotton sales floors to be vaccinated before they can operate. Those who refuse will not be allowed to operate.
5. Ministers and legislators will be despatched to their constituencies to educate people on the vaccination programmes